May 6, 2008

. . . a few more details

Some of you have requested a bit more info on the delivery. I was induced, but the nurses took it slow on purpose so that I could get in all of the antibiotic They started the IV at 8:30, and he was born at 2:30 so that is . . . 6 hours. As soon as the all clear was sounded, they cranked up the oxytocin and out he popped! And it was pretty much just like that! I pushed MAYBE a dozen times. Only through a couple of contractions. Everything went beautifully, and he is perfect in every way. Even his bili levels are down, so no more lights! Yay! I couldn't ask for a happier baby. He has great big dimples in both cheeks, so it is fun to see him smile (even if it is just because of gas!) We recognize what a blessing it is to have not only a healthy baby, but to be able to have a baby at all. We have so many friends who are trying to adopt, and we think of you often. Especially now that we have been given such a perfect little boy. It seems so unfair that so many unwanting (and undeserving) women have babies every day, when there are so many PHENOMENAL people who want nothing more than to be mommies and daddies, but can't. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

6 comments:

hope2adoptbaby said...

Thanks for the posting. You're right...some days it does seem so unfair! :) But, it will all work out...right?! I hope. Glad that everyone is doing so well. Can't wait to meet Spencer.

hope2adoptbaby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Patrona said...

6 hours?! Hot damn, Marianne! I want some of what you got, girl. Good for you. And even better, thanks for acknowledging all those who hope in their hearts to be mothers and fathers, regardless of how their children make it to them.

Marc Gingell said...

Yay! No more lights! I know they say newborns don't smile except for gas but I am not sold on that idea.

Was Jason able to take time off or did he have to go back to work?

marianne said...

He went back to work on Monday. Ya, he only took Thursday off (the day the baby was born). LUCKILY, we are all doing GREAT! We are SOOOO blessed!

Melissa said...

I really appreciated your comments because as one of those people who can't have children, I often think about how unfair it seems that some people who don't even seem to want children get to have babies. I guess the Lord has a plan for all of us though huh, and I wouldn't trade my little Zachary for any thing in the world!