April 1, 2008

Soggy ipod


My beloved ipod is done. As good as garbage! Yes, it managed to get a good wash as it was tucked away, hiding in the pocket of my pants. I had heard and read about it possibly being revived after it was all dried out, so I gave it a good week and plugged it in to my computer. Voila! The little apple appeared on the screen, and I screamed in joy as I thought, YEA! My ipod works! I gave it a good charge, and disconnected it. Ummmm, why won't it turn on? Maybe if I reset it, it will work. So again, I plugged it into my computer. The battery showed that it was charged up, so I reset it. I unplugged it again, and NOTHING. Not so much as a flicker. I'm not really sure what has happened inside my little friend, but she is definately not ever going to be the same again. I could try taking it into the Apple Store, but they do not cover water damage. So the question is . . . would I feel comfortable witholding that little bit of information about it going through the wash, hoping they would not be able to tell it was water damaged? Could my conscience live with it? Sigh. I guess it's possible only the battery is damaged. How much is that going to run me? Sigh (again). And what if I just buy a new one. With child #3 on the way, it is inevitable that it will be taken for a swim in the toilet in the not so distant future anyway. So I suppose I will just say goodbye to my ipod. May she rest in peace. Unless . . . any of you have a good idea?!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the demise of your beloved ipod. If I hear of anything I will let you know. BTW I love The Onion! One of my favorite sites for news and information!

Marc Gingell said...

Yikes, I would be so mad!!!
All I know is that a battery would be about $40, kuz we need a new one. Not so sure that would fix it though.

Megan said...

Oh, so sad.... I completely understand the aweful feeling you must have! For the last 16 hours, I was cleaning and searching and organizing my house trying to find my beloved ipod! I was so sad and sick inside because I couldn't find it anywhere!!! Thank goodness for husbands! Brandon called me and he had found my ipod in his car.. Yeah!!! My cute pink ipod is still mine! How important these little ipods are to us...

Kara said...

What a sad, sad day. May it rest in peace.

Marc Gingell said...

I like your slide show on the side. Especially the pics of Halle and Cameron together and smiling. Those are way cute. OH! Wait, just saw one with your finger up your nose. That has to be #1!!!

The Patrona said...

While there is nothing you can do about thoughtless behavior on your part, (Ipod in the wash. We've all done something like that, it sucks.) there is something you can do about your children. With child number thirty on the way, you should start keeping a tally of all the things your children destroy. When they go to get married or go to college, you can deduct the damages from their funds. You can't take from mission funds, because that is taking from the Lord, but maybe Halle will just have to have carnations instead of roses when she happily strolls out of the Big House with her knight in shining armor. She'll probaby me mad at you anyways, because brides are ALWAYS mad at their mothers for some lame reason or another, so you can just chalk it up to the life of parenting. You should really think about this. I'm going to do it for Tex. In fact, right now I think he's running in the negative....and at the rate he's going on his path of destruction; he won't be out of the red for a long time!

K said...

Such a sad day. K dropped my brand new camera that I saved for almost three years to buy, yep it's only three months old. It won't work. I am taking it into the camera place today to see how much that will cost me if it is even a possible repair. It's under warranty, but it says in the warranty it doesn't cover things like, well dropping it. So, I'm with you on the "what if it was just defective" I decided I couldn't do it. Gotta love the price of mistakes huh?

Marc Gingell said...

Experience tells me that you had another appt today. I'll be expecting an update :)