April 25, 2008

Almost There!

Less than a week to go! We are scheduled for induction on May 1st (if I can make it that long). My energy levels have gone way down, so instead of hurrying to get everything done in time, I am lounging around the house trying to get the motivation to walk across the street to get my mail! Grandma and Grandpa Romney are bummed that they have to cut their trip short for the new dude's arrival (at least you're not on a mission this time!), but other than that, everyone is ready for the little guy to come a little early. Especially Halle! She gives my belly a hug and kiss every night before bed, and at random times during the day. I'm so glad that she'll be around to help me. She's already such a good helper with Cameron, and I know she's excited to help take care of a little baby. She's even insisted on learning how to make her own sandwiches at lunch time so that she can "help Mommy" when the baby comes. What a sweet girl, huh. Ya, I've got it pretty good. It's hard to complain. Of course, I'm sure I'll find plenty to be depressed about once the postpartum kicks in. Stinkin' hormones!

Here are some post-pregnancy things I am looking forward to:
1. non-maternity clothes
2. no more heartburn
3. no more fat ankles (hello new shoes!)
4. painting my toenails (although I did attempt this last night)
5. going to the gym
6. working in the yard
7. MOUNTAIN DEW!
8. reading stories with my kids ON MY LAP
9. wreatling with my kids
10. sleeping . . . ok, maybe not

The list could go on and on, but just know that I am excited to be done with this pregnancy! 'Nuf said!

4 comments:

Marc Gingell said...

You know...#10 is what got you in this bloated mess in the first place! lol And some places do have caffeine free mountain dew if you haven't sworn off soda, just the caffeine. It's always wonderful to ditch the cankles. I am just amazed you think you will find time for all this stuff on your list. ;) Do you normally get postpartum depression? Let me know if you need help with anything.

Emily said...

Halle is so sweet! While she is willing you should teach her how to clean the toilets too! :) I am excited for you and can't wait to see pics of the little guy!

Me said...

Thanks for reminding me why I want to stay pregnant-free a LITTLE longer :) (why is it that all the bad stuff becomes such a blur afterward? i guess if we remembered it all we wouldn't have any more babies, huh.) so WOW it's coming up! I SWEAR that when I saw you at church last week from my high and mighty position at the front (blah...) I was thinking to myself--if I didn't know she was pregnant, I would have NEVER GUESSED it from seeing you seated in the pew. You've definitely got THAT going for you!

The Patrona said...

Okay Mar, enough already. Give in and have a Dew. It is NOT going to kill your baby! I know what you're thinking. "Chalyce let's her kids stand up in grocery carts, eat off the floor and play with knives. Why would I listen to her?" You should listen to me because because I'm a total know-it-all and I tried the whole Diet Pepsi the last week of my 42 week gestation. It did nothing. I'm not normally a sode drinker, but as desperate as you get in those final days...anyhow, all that caf may get that baby all amped up and out of your China before nightfall. Also, Tex and I would like to make the pioneer trek up to Davis County and bring you guys some dinner after you've settled in and everyone has abandoned you and your offspring. I have a great dinner for nursing mammas. You are nursing, aren't you? You better be! I know I do all the things your not supposed to do when your preggie like water ski and eat loads of sushi, but I am a total Le Leche Leaguer and believe it is sooooo good for your baby. Are your children picky eaters? How much time is Jason taking off?