January 24, 2009

Cameron Turns 3!

Cameron turned 3 today! It's amazing how time flies when you're a parent. I can remember when I was a kid, and an hour seemed like FOREVER. Now, it seems like there's just not enough of them in the day.

This year was all about trains. Ever since Santa brought the train table, Thomas has been a superhero in our house. But don't think the cars have been replaced. They are CERTAINLY still important, and take precedence on the couch over anyone's derriere.

I made this cute cake, but it is definitely not as fancy as last year's Lightning McQueen cake. I can thank my old job at Mrs. Cavanaugh's for the fancy frosting writing skillz. And for your information, he didn't eat any this year either!

He did a great job blowing out the candles . . . after Ethan blew them out once before him. I guess you can never have enough spit on a birthday cake, right?!

Thankfully his birthday is not long after Christmas. He's got the unwrapping thing DOWN.

I really wish I had my video camera, because what happened moments after this picture was taken was priceless. Travis decided Cameron needed a little more power to his swing, so in an attempt to "help," he swung his arms so fast that Cameron's feet flew right out from under him, causing him to crash into the concrete head first. OUCH! It really was a little funny though.

See, he can do it all by himself, Trav :)

AND, I forgot to blog about Halle's new haircut. I took this picture at her school while I was there taking yearbook pictures. Hopefully the other little girl's parents won't sue me for posting a picture of her on the internet! I have no idea who she is! (Halle is on the right, in case you didn't recognize her.)

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh cute cake! We should get our boys together sometime because they both love trains so much!

Alexis 18 said...

Happy Birthday Cameron! Wow I can't believe he's 3 already. Your cake still looks fabulous.

K said...

The cake turned out darling. You are a very talented cake decorator, I'm quite impressed. I can't believe Cameron is three already either. I just finished doing a photobook and he was so tiny. I guess it was a year and a half ago, time really does fly. Love Halle's haircut too. It looks darling and I bet it's easy to do in the mornings.

Emily said...

Happy birthday Cameron! Love her haircut!

bmitchellfamily said...

It was a fun party! Even with the crash! I KNEW that would happen. Thanks for letting us be there to celebrate with you.