July 16, 2008

The love hate relationship


Gosh, I love my computer. I can do so many fun things with it. I can organize, I can edit, I can keep tabs on friends, I can play games, I can scrapbook, I can design, I can write, I can BLOG, etc. I love my computer so much, that some days I wish I didn't have it because I think there are A LOT of better things I could be doing with my time. Case in point: right now it is around 2:30 p.m; and although I spent the morning at tennis lessons and Sam's Club, the dishes are still in my sink from yesterday (along with a dishwasher full of clean dishes), my bed is still not made, I haven't even thought about what I'm going to make for dinner {oh, I'd better take some meat out of the freezer,} and there are toys EvErYwHeRe. And that's not even mentioning the fact that I have had to pee for the last hour, but have been too wrapped up in blogging to get up and go! I did do some things. I changed dirty diapers, and I made my kids luch. But did I eat lunch? NO! I was too busy on my computer! Maybe I should just throw the dang thing away. Just think of all the time I would have to do . . . something better! See, Michelle, I told you so!

8 comments:

The McNeely's said...

Ok ummmm .... see if you threw your computer away so that we couldn't talk then we have have to be on the phone to talk. When you are on the computer you are ok to take a break and come back (to go do something like oh let's say ... pee). But if you were on the phone do you get to take breaks? NOOOOOO. You don't really want people to hear you pee do you? So computer stays.

Me said...

Yeah I'm sure I still wouldn't know you if you didn't have a computer! I think blogging is like reality TV, other people's lives can be so much more interesting than our own! ha ha... but I feel the same way as you like every night I'm gonna go to bed early and then I think but I gotta check my email, blog, facebook ONE MORE TIME! it's sad. and yet so fun.

Marc Gingell said...

You mean there are better things to do than play on the computer? Surely, you jest! haha

So, anyway...we got the new car before we got the old one back because they were really dragging their feet about putting it back together. Hoping we would give in to the discounts they kept offering and just fix it. So, no we didn't trade it in. We'll put it on ksl and see if someone who wants to fix it will give us a couple bucks for it.

Erica said...

You know what is funny?! When we were driving to Utah I was telling Mike it would be fun to see you. I remembered seeing somewhere that you are in Syracuse so I asked him where that was... We should arrange to meet somewhere next time because I would love to see you again and your cute family! I loved your family picture below, by the way!

Luellens said...

I'm hooked on blogging too and my computer. An hour will go by or two sometimes. Hey I tried to get the peach pie shake. Do they make it with syrup? That was the only way they could make it. If that's how you get it let me know so I can try it. I wasn't sure so I tried something else. Oh and do they make it or mix it with the coconut one? They were making it way to complicated for me. Thought I would ask. If you didn't notice I'm using one of your pages. I love it!!! My sister wants one now too. So when I go back to her house I'm going to help her.

K said...

Definitely keep the computer, but maybe schedule in some time to pee. That's just not healthy! I'll bet you the housework was still waiting when you got off the computer. I'm sure you're still taking time for the kids, but if we start seeing major changes, maybe we'll have to do an intervention- just kidding!!! Besides you have time to make that Brazilian lemonade and you're still cooking, so I think you're ok!

Wynder Family said...

Hi Marianne~
We will be at the party on Wed. if at all possible can you bring the notebeook. In case I forget I'm having difficulties adding friends blog addresses to our page maybe you could help me with that. Hope to see you there if not no biggie
kim

The Coombs' said...

Oh man, DITTO to all that you just said. Between the computer and reading, I'm a complete slacker! I did get around to cleaning the boys tub this morning, and I lowered Zac's crip the rest of the way like I've been meaning to do forever. So I guess I'm not totally useless!