My big girl turned 5 today. We decided on a butterfly cake, since it seemed like it would be a little easier to make than Cameron's Lightning McQueen cake. It only took six blows to get all of the candles out!
One of the big hit presents was the Hannah Montana CD. We don't even get the Disney Channel, but she knows all about Miss Cyrus from her friends. As excruciating as it is to listen to, it really is cute to see her singing and dancing along in her bedroom.
The other big hit present was the Mariposa barbie. Oh, those big beautiful pink fairy wings!
We also decided to go bowling. Halle had only played on the Wii until today. I think she likes the Wii version a little better than the real thing, since the remote isn't nearly as heavy as the actual bowling ball. Nonetheless, we had a blast. I didn't even know they made bowling shoes for kids!
7 comments:
Happy Birthday Halle!
Hey I saw your blog on the Gingells site and saw your "blog backgrounds" link and used one from it, so just wanted to say thanks for letting me copy you... and also, wanted to say hi! and also, Halle's birthday looked so fun! Your kids are adorable and I can't believe you made that cake!!!!
Happy Birthday, Halle! Awesome cake. I thought the Lightning McQueen one looked great too.
you are putting all other mom's to shame with your birthday cake making skills. don't you just feel so old with a 5 year old?! Kindergarten watch out cause here comes Halle!! yeah!
i realize that we have already gone over this today, but i'm really sad you're leaving YW. we will defnitely miss you! lets stay friends :)
Happy Birthday Halle! Sorry we missed it! We love you anyway.
I can't beleive how big she is getting! Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment