I find myself in the same situation each time I take my kids to get their pictures taken. I purposely schedule a time when I know neither child will be too cranky, and right before a meal so that they can be bribed with treats. But no matter how hard I try to make picture time a pleasurable experience, something about being in that little dark room makes them go CRAZY! Don't get me wrong, I would much rather have my kids be hyper than cranky, but it is nearly impossible to take pictures. Cameron went in and immediately started running around in circles, getting tangled in the sheet backdrop that he was standing on. I was so scared that he was going to tear it! We decided to try and channel his energy to get some good pictures, but it totally backfired. We had Halle lay down on her belly, and told cameron to sit on her. It literally turned into a full blown wrestling match! So we proceded with plan B, which was to have Halle stand up, and Cameron crawl between her legs. It seemed like a good idea until he grabbed her skirt and threw her down. Aaaah! Hillarious, but it does not make for a good picture. So . . . we tried playing catch. There's nothing wrong with a baseball in a little boy's picture, right? But of course, when he saw the photographer bring out the balls, he wanted to hold the football and the baseball mitt. And we're talking NO compromises. Maybe I am strange, but I didn't want a picture hanging on my wall with such an inconsistency!
We managed to get a few good pictures of Cameron giving Halle hugs and kisses, some of his favorite things to do, but MY GOSH! After the whole ordeal was over and done, I felt like I needed a nap, or a tranquilizer, or a good stiff Mountain Dew. Well, I've rambled enough. I just thought I should share with you how much I love getting my kids pictures taken. Good thing I love 'em!
February 21, 2008
Photo Fiasco
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
you gotta learn the ways of the pics. Only once a year do I take all my kids to get there pics taken together and I make sure that I have the same amount of adults as I do kids. Then I do their individual pics once a year too and I make sure that I leave the other kids with someone else at home-there is no way in the whole world that you can manage more than one kid for pics. it's a nightmare and then you end up not doing it cause it's too stressful! Honestly how many pics do you have with just your siblings? I don't have a lot, so I figure single pics are enough for memories!
Marianne! Baby number three? Holy Hell! How about that? That is so fabulous! I'm so surprised to say the least. But that is what I get for being a low-grade friend. My money is on Fisher. I don't know if you put that up there seriously or not, but I love it either way. Now I know i'm not bossy, I just have better ideas. So I think you should listen to me and named that perfect little buckaroo-FISHER! Chal
And this is precisely why I started doing my own!
Oh yah, I snooped around and found your blog on my own.
Post a Comment