January 15, 2008

The OCD in all of us

A friend of mine has posted a bit about her "OCD," as she calls it, and it has made me realize that I have a few OCD tendencies myself. It turns out that everything she is OCD about, I am as well. And there are others that agree with her! This world is not mad after all! Or are we all mad? Here are some of the things that I am OCD about, inspired by my OCD friend!

I separate all of the laundry before I put it away; i.e. socks, underwear, and clothes in their own piles for each person. Drives Jason crazy! "Just put it away," he says!

When I grocery shop, there is a place in the cart for the milk, a place for the bread, and nearly every other item that I buy regularly. It must be this way, or else the bread would get smashed! When I get home from the store it is the same. There is a place in the fridge for nearly every item. If something gets put away in the wrong place, it throws everything off!

I cut sandwiches the triangle way, never the rectangle way.

When I shower, there is a specific order that things take place. 1. The get warm stage, where I simply stand under the water until I am no longer freezing. 2. Wash the hair. 3. Rinse the hair. 4. Apply conditioner. 5. Wash face. 6. Shave. 7. Rinse out conditioner. 8. Wash everywhere else. 9. Squeegie shower. 10. Exit shower. WOW, I am OCD!

While we are on the topic of OCD, my son is displaying OCD tendencies at his young age of 1! When he plays with his cars, he lines them up in a row. If this is not enough, he must do this on a particular place on our couch. If he wants to line his cars up while someone is sitting in this place, he will point and scream until that person moves.

What do you do that is OCD?

1 comment:

The Coombs' said...

Nice of you to keep me annonymous! I don't care, scream it to the world..."WE ARE ALL CRAZY!!"