I was hoping that I would somehow avoid the dreaded "tag," but no thanks to Emily, the fate has come upon me. So here goes . . . 6 things people may not know about me:
1. I am obsessed with researching things. I think it may be a clinical problem, but I'm not sure. I can't buy anything without believing that I have done everything I can to be sure that it is the best buy for my money, or that Consumer Reports has rated it above average. I am also very critical of things people say. I always want to doubt things until I can validate their truthfulness. I'm sure this characteristic of my personality has annoyed most of you at one time or another.
2. I REALLY like grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup. Would you believe that I went most of my life without experiencing this exquisit combination! Emily introduced it to me when we were in college, and it has been a favorite of mine ever since. I HONESTLY think I could eat it every day.
3. I am terrified of public speaking. Something about all of those eyes on me is more that I can handle. I have never turned down the request to speak, but I think that the anxiety leading up to each one has literally taken years off of my life. Hey . . . maybe if I speak a few weeks before the baby is due, it will put me into labor!
4. I don't really like living in Utah. I guess that is easy for me to say, since it is the only place I have ever lived. But I really think that I would enjoy living somewhere else. Maybe after a few years I would change my mind and decide that Utah is better, but I think an "out of Utah experience" would be good for me. It's not so much the state of Utah, but I think it's more the peole in Utah. All those stinkin' Mormons! Ha ha ha!
5. I love to bake. I think it is because I love to eat so much! It seems like the last year has brought a decline in my baking frequency, as taking care of kids requires so much time and energy. But if I have an afternoon to myself, you can usually find me in my kitchen making something yummy. I'm sure that in a few years, we'll be a chubby little family!
6. I have always wanted to play the guitar. I even have a guitar! I can strum a few chords, and pluck a few notes here and there, but I would like to know how to really play. I am actually scared to play too much because I don't know how to change the strings if one breaks! Perhaps someday my talented nephews can teach me . . . how to play, and how to change a string!
December 7, 2007
Tagged!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Excellent! I'm proud to see the note about the grilled cheese! And the guitar note brings me back to days in the Colony when we learned that one Indigo Girls song! Very good post!
Post a Comment